Thursday, October 25, 2012

Sarah is in Houston for the International Quilt Market

As I told you guys a while ago, Sarah went to the US at the end of September and is still there.  But she is getting closer to coming home!  Today she is setting up her booth in Houston for the big International Quilt Market.  The actual market starts tomorrow and goes through the weekend.

Why did she go so early?  Well getting things to Brazil is pretty simple, you can mail it.  But then once the items get here you have to pay a 40-60% import tax on the items. The fabrics that Sarah licensed out with Art Gallery Fabrics was going to be sent here, but the amount and cost of the fabric to be shipped here with the taxes was astronomical.  So we decided that Sarah should go back to the states and receive her fabrics there and start preparing for the quilt market.

I don't have any pictures, but she has shown me some of the stuff she and her mom have created on skype and it's pretty cool!  When she gets back we will post some photos of the items I am sure.

But so far, she has shown me a few quilts, lots of pillows, several different types of bags, pants, shirts, aprons and lots of other stuff that I can't think of right now.  She has been sewing for a month straight and this weekend she gets to show off all her hard work.

Make sure you check out her blog....below is a post she did a few days ago.



My second quilt block!

I guess I saw that in the respect that these are "real" blocks that have patterns and whatnot. I read two articles on this pattern, they differed a bit, but I don't think I have any authority to say which is better. I used this one:

BadSkirt

Here's the start of the blocks, I've finished them, but don't know where they are to photograph them. Whoops!

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful quilt. Love this very much. I found another fabric store which is Broadway Fabrics.

    ReplyDelete